At the end of Monday's blog post, and on our Cloth Paper Scissors Facebook page, I asked, "How many artists does it take to change a lightbulb?"
Your answers gave me a lot of laughs, so now I'm going to give something back. I've selected my five favorite lightbulb-joke answers and you get to vote for the one you think is best. The winner will receive a package of found objects so they can create their own lightbulb moment.
Here are the finalists, in no particular order:
1. Two: one to screw it in and one to hand her the handmade lampshade. (Jeanne Rich)
2. None. The first artist to grab the old bulb ran off to make something cool out of it. A second artist grabbed the new bulb and followed the first artist, wondering what the heck she was going to do with that old lightbulb and can it inspire me to do something wonderful with the new one? A left-brained person came along and replaced the bulb, wondering where the old one could have possibly gone. (marylizzy)
3. That depends. Does it have to be a lightbulb? (booksmithstudio)
4. All of us. Each of us takes a "turn" and "alters" the procedure as we go! (Mermaid.Cher)
5. None! If we're busy making art we don't stop to replace the lightbulb! (bysharonmarie)
Vote in the comments section below. I'll tally the numbers and announce the winner on Tuesday, August 7, 2012.