Making Time for Art Journaling in 2013 - Free Webinar

17 Jan 2013

Making Time for Art Journaling in 2013

A recording of this webinar is now available Listen in as our talented art journal panel, Jacqueline Newbold, Dawn Sokol, and Pam Carriker, discuss their favorite ways to work art journaling into their everyday lives.

These creative and prolific artists have written multiple books, taped Cloth Paper Scissors Workshops, taught at CREATE Art Retreat, and been published many times.

In this 30-minute lunch break webinar, you'll learn about the secrets of making time to journal while traveling and ideas for working through a journal in one sitting. You'll see examples of their art journaling and travel journals and get inside tips on how to make your art journals your own.

pam carriker art journaling

Pam Carriker is a mixed-media artist, instructor, and the author of Art at the Speed of Life. Her articles and artwork can be found in more than 40 publications. Pam has created instructional videos, stencils, rubber art stamps, and is currently developing a signature line of mixed-media art products with Derivan Matisse. Watch for her new book, due out with Interweave, fall 2013.

pamcarriker.com

Favorite art journaling supplies:  White Uniball Signo Gel Pen, Faber Castell White Pitt Penn, Loew Cornell Fine Line Pen Tool, Conte Crayon, Moleskine notebooks.

dawn devries sokol art journaling

Dawn DeVries Sokol designs books, illustrates lettering, teaches online workshops, and doodles in her art journals as much as possible. Her articles have appeared in Cloth Paper Scissors and Pages magazine, Art Journaling EXPOSED, and she has a DVD Workshop with Interweave: Art Journaling: Pages in Stages. Her newest book is Art Doodle Love: A Journal of Self-Discovery.

dawndsokol.com

Favorite art journaling products: Sakura Micron Pens and gel pens, Tombow Mono Adhesive, Tombow Dual Brush Pens, Pilot Parallel Pens @ jetpens.com.
jacqueline newbold

Jacqueline Newbold grew up in a military family and traveling has always been a big part of her life. Not wanting to separate life from art, she paints whenever and wherever she can. In 2013, Jacqueline will be teaching watercolor classes at CREATE Chicago. Check out her Interweave Workshop DVD: Art Journals On-The-Go: How to pack, prep, paint, and more.

newboldart.com

Favorite art journaling products: Paper Mate Flair felt-tip black pen - my favorite water-soluble pen; DANIEL SMITH Extra Fine Watercolor Jacqueline Newbold Traveling Kit (a great kit for getting started with watercolors); Smooch Pearlized accent inks; Parallel Pens (jetpens.com). They have tons of fun pens, pencils and pencil cases!

Comments

on 19 Jan 2013 6:50 AM

so there will be something later on even if we do miss this and don't register?? A question I would have is how do you get so well known?My common law and I struggle to do this, myself and my common law are trying so darned hard together.

Jean@112 wrote
on 19 Jan 2013 10:49 AM

I am not sure how to pick up this Webinar that I just register for and how do I add this webinar to my Outlook Calendar?

on 19 Jan 2013 11:44 AM

Would it be possible to make this availble online for those of us who work during this time?

Susan@255 wrote
on 19 Jan 2013 1:52 PM

I would love to be here for this, but it is on a Thursday during my work hours.  Couldn't there be a webinar on the weekend?????

cushla wrote
on 19 Jan 2013 4:31 PM

I am keen to participate but not that keen I will get up so early even though I really like the three artists' work. Glad to hear it will be available later as 1.30 USA EST is not realy convenient for Australia and I want to view it.

AngelaB47 wrote
on 19 Jan 2013 5:34 PM

I love you Cloth Paper Scissors, but not enough to get up at 4:00am in Australia. Could you send a link to everyone who registers, so they can watch it at their leisure?

rdorwin wrote
on 19 Jan 2013 7:11 PM

This is a technical issue: I just registered and cant find where I'm to go to check in to the webinar on Thursday, Jan 24th.  Would you please send me the information?

A. SandraC wrote
on 20 Jan 2013 10:38 AM

I have registered and the link disappeared very quickly. How to we find it to participate on the 24th?

tikiwiki wrote
on 20 Jan 2013 12:18 PM

People! How about reading before complaining? It clearly says the webinar will be recorded if the time/date doesn't work for you.

Cate Prato wrote
on 20 Jan 2013 1:12 PM

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your comments and enthusiasm. For those who lost or can't find the link to log in--I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Let me look into that and get back to you ASAP.

For those who cannot make it at that time, we will have a recording of the event (audio and visual) for you to enjoy at your leisure about 24-48 hours after the event.

Also, we are looking into hosting the webinars on the weekend or evening so people who want to attend live can do so. Obviously, as we have friends around the world, no one time will be good for everyone!

Cate

on 20 Jan 2013 3:47 PM

surface prep? i have been gluing 2 pages together, then gesso, then paint or spray etc. I do not particularly like this finish on pages. Feels, dull, dry and a bit coarse.

thanks   pat

ps the link disappears within seconds after registering...hope i can find it on Wed.

poetmkr wrote
on 20 Jan 2013 10:30 PM

Is this Webinar just questions, or do you actually show us how to do things?

DebbieH@81 wrote
on 21 Jan 2013 7:38 AM

Why do you need so much information just to register for a free webinar? I mean really......first name and email should be more than sufficient. I hope someone will take the time to respond to my question as my basic level internet security had an issue with the site.

Cate Prato wrote
on 22 Jan 2013 10:13 AM

Hi,

To the people who have been asking about the disappearing webinar link: you should have received an email with all the info on the page that "disappears" almost immediately. It is the exact same info on the registration page. If you did NOT receive email confirmation, please let me know at online-events@interweave.com.

Debbie H, I appreciate your concerns. Please let me look into the level of information we take. We have no plans to use anything but your email address so we can contact you re: the webinar and follow-up. CPS is relatively new at webinar hosting, and your feedback is important to us as we venture forth.

AzKate1 wrote
on 22 Jan 2013 10:23 PM

Thank you all for putting this on for us!  I'm so excited to glean from your panel.  :)

on 23 Jan 2013 7:35 AM

I register and now cannot attend. Please give my spot to someone else. Sorry.

on 23 Jan 2013 7:36 AM

I registered and now cannot attend. Sorry.

on 24 Jan 2013 12:44 PM

Oh Shoot!  Didn't translate the time correctly and missed this.  Will there be a recording?

parevest wrote
on 25 Jan 2013 6:36 AM

Thanks for a great teatime (in the UK) seminar.

You mentioned a dicount coucher for the CPS shop and owndered if we were going to get it so we can use it in the sale.

Thanks

on 27 Jan 2013 8:25 PM

Very nice, thank you! I look forward to future topics.

dawn192 wrote
on 2 Feb 2013 11:05 AM

I would like to echo tikiwiki's sentiment.  This is a phenomenon that happens more & more often.  I see it everywhere - on blogs, message boards, facebook, and even the emails my dh & I send out for our business.  Are people these days so "ADD" that they can't read something before they jump right in with questions, complaints and other comments that have been addressed in a communique?

In addition, I would never complain with such veracity about a FREE GIFT such as this.  If you can't make it, if you don't like giving the required info - then don't participate!  No one is making you stay on the page, no one has a gun to your head making you type personal info you'd rather not give...  It's FREE.  If you don't like the requirements, leave! Stop whining!  Do you think the live time can be arranged to suit EVERYONE, no matter where they live? These artists have lives, too!  Many have "other" jobs besides their art. Be thankful this is presented at all, and then be doubly thankful the recording is put up on YouTube! There is actually a little program you can get to check your "tone" when writing. Maybe some of you need this. When I see posts like "Is this Webinar just questions, or do you actually show us how to do things?" I just have to roll my eyes.

runwita wrote
on 2 Feb 2013 11:48 AM

Technical difficulties with sound on the You Tube recording: The Moderator and Pam were almost impossible to hear.  As far as content, very interesting and useful.

ruthi222 wrote
on 4 Feb 2013 6:33 PM

this was an awesome webinar! I loved it and I have never written so fast in all my life!

I hope you do more of these and  I loved the sharing that 3 artists did with us!

Thanks again!