Wow, we have so much coming up for you this fall! I’m very excited. I’m also very busy, as is the rest of the staff here. We have people going all over for retreats and tv taping, we have a billion magazines and special pubs…
Wait, let me list them for you…
1. Cloth Paper Scissors September/October is creepily fantabulous. Just look at those Tim Burtonesque Steampunk dolls! I think the one on the right is saying…”make me…make me…you know you want to make me!!!). This issue has some really great articles (don’t they all?) including one of my favorite workshops on reduction printing. If you’re familiar with carving stamps, you really love this technique! We’ve also got the most amazing mosaic collage article. It will blow your mind. Hits newsstands August 30th.
2. CREATE art retreat! Will be in the Chicago area NEXT WEEK! August 24-28. There is still time to sign up! I look forward to meeting many of you there.
3. Cloth Paper Scissors ARTISANS Search entries are due August 29. You still have time to enter—you know you want to! Want more info? Go here.
4. Collage in Color eMag will debut around the first week of September to be followed closely by an iPad version! Let me just say that working on this digital issue has been the highlight of my career. I love all the interactivity and video we’ve been able to add to the issue, and I think you will too.
5. Cloth Paper Scissors GIFTS will be arriving on newsstands October 1st. This 148 page issue is packed with everything you need for making a mixed-media holiday. We have the fantastic results from our first GIFTS challenge, mixed-media coffee cuffs, garlands two ways, lots of ornaments, contact paper collage, laptop and iPad covers, journal jars, etc.
6. Cloth Paper Scissors November/December hits newsstands November 1st and has some fantastic art, techniques, projects, and so much more! It will also feature the houses from our “Home Sweet Home” challenge—around 100 of them!
7. Cloth Paper Scissors PAGES, our new special issue on art journaling and bookmaking arrives in stores on November 22nd (Yes, that’s technically winter but who’s counting?) This issue is jam packed with great bookbinding, art journaling, lettering, and inspirational articles that will have you running to your studio to grab your supplies.
Yep, we’re pretty busy, but we’re having fun too. As always, feel free to send us your submission ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org and you could see yourself in Cloth Paper Scissors in 2012!
Ok, it’s back to work for me!