Do you remember the article on Guerrilla Art by Fred Free (July/August 2010)? Well, I’m lucky enough to regularly run into Fred about town and every time I see him I think—I need to be more guerrilla-like.
But it’s more fun to be guerrilla-like in a group. (interesting fact: a group of gorillas is a “Band.” I think a group of guerrilla artists should be called a “Creative”.)
So, listen up all you collage artists. Now is your chance to be part of something bigger. We’re having a guerrilla freeART show in NYC! and we need your art! (this is our new “logo” by Free Free himself!)
Sometime, between Dec. 23 and Dec 27, 2011, we will be hosting a sidewalk freeART show. Anybody passing by will get a piece of freeART! We’re looking for collage artists to send us 6" x 6" collages with their preferred contact information written on the back (optional) to show in our freeART sidewalk show.
Here are the specifics:
- You may send in more than 1 collage (the more the merrier)
- Pieces must be 6" x 6" and under 1/4" thick (and lightweight!)
- You will not be getting your art back. (Instead you will be helping to spread the art!)
- Video from the freeART show will be featured in our upcoming Collage in Color vol. 2 eMag!
- If you put your name on the back of the piece, you will be listed as a contributor in the eMag article.
- Art needs to arrive at our office by December 19 in order to be recorded and packed for the show.
- All art will be given away! No art will be refused!
- There is no fee to enter this project! (Save your money for giftwrap! or new studio toys!)
- Art Karma is a good thing.
- Mail all collages to:
- Interweave/Cloth Paper Scissors
- 490 Boston Post Rd, Suite 15
- Sudbury, MA 01776
Planning on being in NYC at this time? Come get a free piece of art and help us host the show! But first you’ll have to find us…follow our activities on Facebook.com/clothpaperscissorsmag for the latest information or find us on twitter: @CPSmagazine #freeART
The freeART show will be planned semi-spontaneously around the weather conditions and busy times of day.
Come be part of our Creative band of Guerrilla artists. Make art, send art, give art away!
Also, those of you with blogs…Spread the word! the more art we get, the more art we can give away!
Now, go and make freeART!
P.S. Don’t worry, I’ll be reminding you regularly to send in your art!