Star light star bright, first star I see tonight . . .
This Friday’s photo is of a stenciled starburst I made with a Crafter’s Workshop-Julie Balzer Burst Stencil and some gesso.
You can either try using this image as a base for a collage, add it to an art journal, or even digitally print it onto some organza or you can try making your own version.
1. Place the stencil over a piece of paper,canvas, or other substrate.
2. Use a palette knife or old gift card to scrape gesso over the openings in the stencil. Perfection is not necessary.
3. Let the gesso dry completely.
4. Paint fluid acrylic(s) over the surface of the paper and gesso and let sit of a couple of seconds.
5. Use a baby wipe or damp paper towel to pull up as much of the paint as you wish. You should be able to pull all of the paint off of the gesso, if desired.
I’m thinking of using this photo to create dreamy gift tags as a way mixed-media love to my holiday gift giving. What can you create with this photo (or technique?) Share your creation with us by uploading a picture here!
Happy Photo Friday!