OneWord for February

6 Feb 2013

image

You may remember that back in January I decided to choose one word each month to help guide my actions and intent. January’s word was Social. I think I did a good job being more social, including working on social media, hanging out with Jane Davenport at a workshop taping, and meeting lots of fun and interesting people in my travels in January.

This month’s word is GIVE, and I’m very excited about it! I like to consider all the aspects of giving . . . giving a compliment, giving a gift, giving advice, giving an idea, giving a helping hand, giving relief, giving help, giving support, giving a walk (my dog likes this one!), and so on.

I’m going to do my best this month to post as many of my giving escapades as I can. I hope you’ll follow along and if you’re inspired to give, too—well then we’ll both get some good karma!

IMG_3792IMG_3786I’m starting things off by giving an actual gift. I found a small plate that looked as though it had a doodle on it and I immediately had to get it for one of my dear artsy friends.

While checking out at the register, I asked the sales lady to include a couple sheets of their VERY awesome ampersand tissue. Oh, how hard it was to put BOTH pieces in the box.

IMG_3787And of course, artsy friend=someone who will appreciate an artsy package. So I pulled out my vast collection of Copic markers and began to doodle (The plate looks very similar to this doodle but without the color.

I hope you’ll enjoy coming along on my #oneword adventures! Feel free to tell me your #oneword in the comments below. I’d also love to know if you like to ARTify your packages before shipping—Let us know!

Cheers,

Signature

Twitter@mixedmediajenn

Facebook@mixedmediajenn

To read more about my word of the month for January click here.

Comments

on 11 Feb 2013 7:54 AM

This month I’m celebrating my #oneword “give”. I’m so glad to have you along for the journey. To read

on 12 Feb 2013 3:16 PM

on 15 Feb 2013 10:36 AM

ctutt wrote
on 16 Feb 2013 3:21 PM

We 'gave' our presence to my husband's family yesterday, at a memorial for one of his cousin who bravely fought cancer to the very end… it was an uplifting event as she had contributed so much to her family and her community. As we sat in the family garden afterward, sharing stories with relatives we seldom see, I made a sketch of the potted plants grouped together under an awning by the pool. Before we left, I went inside the house and placed the drawing somewhere unobtrusive where it will eventually be found, 'giving' her husband and kids one more memory of her.

on 21 Mar 2013 2:45 PM