Pages Premiere Issue

Cloth Paper Scissors PAGES is a special publication created especially for art journalers and book artists looking for new techniques and inspiring ideas. This 148-page first special issue features projects and galleries in general bookmaking, book covers, book binding, inside page decoration, and art journaling. Learn to bind the unbendable, make an acrylic book, use graffiti-style lettering, find sketching inspiration,and much more.

Bookmaking

12 Clearly Colorful
Gina Moore
How to make an acrylic book

16 A Gardening Journal
Christine Plummer

22 Unbound
Kadee Metzger
A keycard book and stand

26 Vintage Inspiration
Renee Rogers
Rescued papers make exciting pages

32 A Painted Accordion Book
Alice Harrison
Mini book with watercolor pages

34 Bookmaking Gallery

38 Books as Art
Sandy Donabed
Thespoena McLaughlin
Linda and Opie O’Brien
Erin Partridge
Dorit Elisha

Book Covers

46 Mini Watercolor Cover
Leah Virsik

52 Textural Covers
Nancy M. McCauley
A mini polymer clay book cover

56 Book Cover Gallery

Binding

62 Fabric Collage Book
Jeannine Stein
With faux books and a funky binding

66 Binding the Unbendable
Bianca Manditiy

70 Piano-Hinge Book
Hasti Radpour
Using paper,  owers, and skewers

74 Binding Gallery

Inside Pages

80 Paper Clip Pages
Kathryn Antyr
Art inspired by of office supplies

84 Layers & Textures
June Crawford
Backgrounds for art journals

88 Flips, Flaps, & Fold-outs
Jacqueline Newbold
Adding dimension to your art journals

92 The 25-foot Book
Darcy Lanz-Sage
Decorating paper for journals (and other things)

96 Inside Pages Gallery

Art Journaling

102 Art Journal Every Day
Julie Fei-Fan Balzer

110 What to Sketch?
Jane LaFazio
Finding inspiration in your everyday surroundings

116 Layer It On
Paula Phillips
Adding depth to journal pages

122 The Life of an Art Journal
Traci Bunkers
The story of one artist’s process

128 Graffiti Lettering
Lisa Engelbrecht
Letterista style

134 Art Journaling Gallery

Regulars

3 Editor’s Journa             l
7 Wish List
10 Book Reviews
140 Marketplace
143 Classifieds and Advertising Index
144 Originality = Authenticity
Dawn DeVries Sokol

Comments

mdcarter wrote
on 5 Dec 2011 1:23 PM

This is a fabulous magazine.  I hope you will continue publishing it, and even consider having it hit the stands more often.  I was very impressed with the accessiblity of the articles, and the fact that some of my favorite art journalers were featured.  I think this is the best art journaling magazine yet!  Traci Bunkers article was wonderful!  I also enjoyed the bookmaking articles.

Keep up the good work!

Mary Dean Carter

brobedee wrote
on 14 Dec 2011 10:09 AM

Just purchased this magazine and would like to see more issues like this!

blakedm wrote
on 22 Dec 2011 12:10 AM

Finally a publication that satisfies my needs. I've been purchasing card making and scrapbooking magazines and others trying to find all the special issues that cover art journals, bookmaking, and journaling in general. I'll be able to save a bunch of money and now have a publication that focuses on what I really want to know.

I purchased the premier issue and hope that you will continue publishing more!!! Thanks - Dianne Blake

milesb802 wrote
on 26 Dec 2011 6:32 AM

I purchased this issue and I love it.  The clear instructions, the great pictures; it is a mix of inspiration, instruction and a warm, friendly invitation to create.  I've got a stack of office supplies drying thanks to the Jacqueline Newbold article.  Now, I'm trying to decide what to do next??!!

Thank you and I hope this will be a regular publication.

sabknits wrote
on 1 Jan 2012 2:13 PM

I received the Premier Issue of PAGES as a Christmas gift from my DIL.  I've read it cover to cover more than once and each time I pick it up I want to just hug her and then hug her some more!!  I am learning more and more with each page I turn and the inspiration is oozing into my brain and making me itch to get back into my little art room!!  PLEASE keep these publications coming!!!!  As soon as you post a "Subscribe to" for PAGES, I'll fight to be first in line!

vintage k wrote
on 27 Jan 2012 8:31 PM

This magazine is amazing! I was so excited about it that I purchased it in both the digital and print versions! I keep it in the tote bag that I take with me everywhere, and I've looked at it over and over. I hope this publication will become a regular offering. Thanks for all the fabulous inspiration!

on 16 Feb 2012 11:47 AM

Just purchased this magazine and I love, love, love it.  Wish I knew that you were going to publish a mag such as this cause it is one I would like to submit to.....future project.  Thanks for being on top of the bookmaking/journaling community.  Can't wait 'til the next copy hits the stands.

cathy160 wrote
on 16 Feb 2012 6:21 PM

Fantastic Magazine!! It is going to be my go to resource guide. I am new to altered books/ bookmaking and the articles were super. Hope to see more!

on 9 Apr 2012 1:23 PM

How can I buy this magazine in the UK?

on 30 Apr 2012 6:26 PM

Is Cloth Paper Scissors PAGES going to be available to purchase as a subscription?  I already purchased a subscription to Cloth Paper Scissors, but I'd like to also purchase a subscription to PAGES, and I can't seem to find a place to do that, including the Interweave website.  Please let me know how I can support the magazine via buying a year's (maybe two) subscription, and keep up the amazing, fantastic, wonderful, and inspiring work!

Allison Cromer

(soon to be featured in the May 29th issue)

grandma lise wrote
on 27 May 2012 9:49 PM

I'm totally confused. Volume 2 of Pages is out - (I'm looking at the cover of it on a blog) - yet the Barnes and Noble here doesn't have it, and as of this writing, I don't have the option of ordering it here either. Not only that, I've not received an email about it, nor is there mention of the new volume in the current issues of Cloth Paper Scissors or Studios. I loved the first volume. I'd like to get a copy of it.

tgarrett wrote
on 18 Aug 2012 8:45 AM

Is there going to be a new issue of Pages anytime soon?  Hope so.

Terry

on 14 Sep 2012 2:12 PM

AP Photo by Richard Drew, via CBS News Elizabeth Taylor was famous for much more than her extravagant

ColieArt wrote
on 25 Apr 2014 8:51 PM

There was a picture of the coolest altered book by Pam Crawford, "Bookshelf inside a Book". It was stuck in the corner of page 3 because you knew it was cool but didn't know where it would fit in. Well, PLEASE find somewhere to fit it in! I'd love to hear about Pam, her process, and see more of her work! If you have already featured Pam somewhere please point me in that direction!

Thanks,