How to Upload Photos and Navigate in the Galleries

This post has 31 Replies | 36 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 371
on 19 Sep 2010 4:00 AM

It's great that you want to share your artwork with our community.  If you have any futher problems, you may need to click the Customer Service button in the upper right hand corner.  What kind of browser do you have?  That might have something to do with it.  Maybe your picture is too large.  If you are taking the picture from your cell phone, choose the small option so that it is not too large before transferring it over to pc to load to the site.  If you are using a digital camera, you should have the option to choose what dpi to save.  You should be choosing 72 or 150 depending on what you are taking.  If it is not a lot of detail and it it not too grainy, I will save in 72.  There are also free programs on the internet that can be used to convert whatever pictures you have to a smaller version so it will fit.  Whatever current picture editor you have should also work. 

Belinda aka crazyartgirl

Blog:  http://alteredbelly.blogspot.com/

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 31
Mixthemedia wrote
on 30 Dec 2010 9:48 AM

Followed all directions for uploading my entry to stenciled garden; I do beleive it is a site problem. My file was resized to make sure site could take image and I know I have done everything correctly--hit browse to upload image, pressed save on both the box with image and at the he end of fields----but site brings up a pink box that says to enter the URL...or tells me I'm not able to load, ask administrator (I am signed in). Help me please, thank you.

Mixthemedia

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 26
susan minier wrote
on 3 Jan 2011 4:10 PM

Was not able to upload a picture for the February color challenge. Upon trying, received a message that said I didn't have permission and to contact the administrator. How do I get permission?

Susan Minier

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 196
Liza Posar wrote
on 10 Apr 2011 8:14 AM

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to ask a question but when someone leaves a comment about my artwork in the art gallery and I want to reply back to thank them how do I reply back, from the same area or do I go somewhere else to do that?

Not Ranked
Posts 2
mousesculpts wrote
on 27 Apr 2011 12:52 PM

Hi Missy.  I'm new to this as well.  I know it's been 7 months since you posted here, so you have probably solved the issue by now.  Or at least I hope so! Anyway, I'm having similar challenges.  My suggestion is to utilize the 'link' option.  You can use Picasa or something similar that enables you to have online photo albums ( Picasa is free ) and then link to it.  The down side to that is that the image doesn't actually appear on this site, instead visitors will have to click on a blank image and be redirected to your online album.  I posted my work for a challenge that way, but am now trying to figure out how to get the image uploaded from my computer to the C.P.S. site so to have an image appear there.  Unfortunately, I've tried 3 different browsers and they all become unresponsive in the process.  I do hope you are sharing your work now.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
PepperArts wrote
on 30 Jun 2011 10:12 AM

I encountered an error while uploading my pic and uploaded again.  I now have two too many pics!  Can I delete them? 

Not Ranked
Posts 8
sjrubiano wrote
on 1 Jul 2011 2:42 PM

Hi!  I spent a LOT of time hunting how to upload some photos of my first project for a readers' challenge. I kept re-reading the post, sure that I had missed something because I could not find the upload button. Could you make an addendum to this post that you have to be a member of the Cloth Paper Scissors website to upload your photos?  I only stumbled onto this because I tried to ask how to upload on this post and found I had to sign in first.  Perhaps this is common knowledge, but I found it frustrating.  Thank you!

Not Ranked
Posts 4
andreamatus wrote
on 12 Jul 2011 11:21 AM

I'm experiencing the same problem, there were errors while uploading and in the end I ended up with three copies of everything. Did you get an answer on how to delete?

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Gracie4 wrote
on 25 Jan 2012 12:17 PM

Jen,

I'm new to the site and can't seem to post my photos.  I've followed your instructions, but had no success.  I've tried inserting them into this message using the "insert media" icon.  It gives me a window to browse my files and save the one I want, but it doesn't save it.  What else can I try?

Thanks.

Valorie

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Gracie4 wrote
on 25 Jan 2012 12:20 PM

I am signed into the site and still can't upload.  Can't figure this out at all.  Have asked for help...I'll share anything I get with you.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 534
Jenn Mason wrote
on 25 Jan 2012 12:24 PM

Check the size of your photos, it could be that they are too big. They should be under 2M I believe.

Jenn Mason

Editor of Cloth Paper Scissors Magazine

Not Ranked
Posts 2
marggg wrote
on 6 Mar 2012 1:07 PM

I went to the "Luggage Tag" challenge and I don't see an upload link or button.

What am I missing?

Thanks...

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 27
Ladywilson wrote
on 10 Apr 2012 11:47 PM

how do you remove unwanted photos?

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 27
Ladywilson wrote
on 10 Apr 2012 11:50 PM

I entered the supportive arts challenge but the pictures didnt upload only the content/intent? how can I remove them?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 371
on 7 Jun 2012 6:08 AM

You should be able to go in and edit the content. Your picture was probably too big. If you downsize your picture, you should be able to download the picture onto the sight. There should be an edit function in the preview area.

Belinda aka crazyartgirl

Blog:  http://alteredbelly.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 3 (32 items) < Previous  1 2 3  Next > | RSS