How to Upload Photos and Navigate in the Galleries

This post has 31 Replies | 36 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 534
Jenn Mason wrote
on 29 Jan 2010 3:44 PM

We have a number of different types of galleries under the Galleries tab and we hope you'll browse all of them.

Here is a little tutorial for navigating through the Galleries pull down menu:

how to upload and navigate.  This pull down menu will bring you to this page.  This is a great place to visit when you need a little refresher course on navigating and uploading pictures.  But, don't worry, you'll be a pro in no time!

cloth paper scissors challenges. Reader Challenges are announced in the community in Editors' Blogs, newsletters, and also in Cloth Paper Scissors Magazine.This is where the photo fun begins!  Each new reader challenge will have it's very own gallery.

To browse through the different challenges, go to the Browse Media box in the right hand column on this page and click on Reader Challenges to see a list of all the current challenge categories. Challenges are open to all members of the community. 

share your art. Join the conversation and upload your art, or leave comments for others. Share your latest and greatest creations here for all to see.  We can't wait to see what you've been up to! Add tags to help others find your art. Use the tag cloud on the right hand to find just what you're looking for when browsing other members' art.

To browse through the different categories, go to the Browse Media box in the right hand column on this page and click on share your art to see a list of all the different art categories.

post your studio pix. Show us your digs. Use this gallery to share pictures of your studio or workspace. Have a great storage solution? Snap a picture and upload it to this page. See a studio you like? Make a comment or ask a question. Whether you have a large studio in a barn behind your house or a small dedicated workspace in the corner of the guest room, we want to see your space.

To browse through the different studio categories, go to the Browse Media box in the right hand column on this page and click on post your studio pix to see a list of the different studio categories.

cloth paper scissors on the road. Home and on the road, see what the Cloth Paper Scissors crew is up to. Shenanigans and snapshots are what you'll find here. We'll bring you pictures of our friends we meet on the road and great art we discover along the way. You never know what we'll be up to next!

Steps for Uploading Your Photos:

Confirm you are logged in. 

• Use the Browse Media box in the right hand column to navigate to the gallery you wish to upload your photo to or click on the upload button and choose the gallery from the pop-up window.
  • Click on the Specify File/URL button
  • Choose either Upload File and browse for the file on your computer -or- Link to URL and enter the URL to the photo you wish to link to and then click save.
  • Repeat this procedure with Select Thumbnail (optional).
  • Enter a concise but descriptive name. (suggested: Your name, Name of the Picture or Subject)
  • Enter a Description.  Use the menu bar to adjust type or add more photos here.
  • Enter tags to help keep your files organized and allow your viewers to find files relevant to them. Select existing tags or enter comma-seperated tags into the text box.
  • Click on the save button.

You are welcome to leave comments in any of the galleries (please follow community rules and guidelines as posted in the forum). 

Jenn Mason

Editor of Cloth Paper Scissors Magazine

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 19
on 12 Sep 2010 4:04 PM

Hey I just entered Artisan 2011, and misspelled title...How do I fix this?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
on 12 Sep 2010 8:20 PM

Log back in.  If you will go back to your entry  and select edit.  You should be able change any of the information that you entered.  don't forget to select save after your changes.  Good luck!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 29
studiocb wrote
on 13 Sep 2010 9:40 AM

I, too, just entered and I accidentally added my own photos to the comments section, how can I delete them?

Not Ranked
Posts 8
on 13 Sep 2010 10:28 AM

i am wonder how to delete a photo all together

any clues? i am technologically challenged.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 29
studiocb wrote
on 13 Sep 2010 11:05 AM

Happily,  I found while back in EDIT mode, that I could click on "DELETE" as my curser was on the photo.

Accident or what, give it a try.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
slm523 wrote
on 13 Sep 2010 12:44 PM

Help.....Not sure how I got signed up to receive follow up posts, but I don't want to follow up on them, but will read them at my convenience on the site.  How do I get OFF of receiving follow ups to posts?

thanks

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 14
geoff wrote
on 13 Sep 2010 1:19 PM

I did not get a reply indicating that my email sent 9-12-10for the entry in the Artisan Search 2011 was received. I was concerned so i sent the information again in a different format but still, no reply.  Does this mean my entry has not been received?  If so, any tips on how to get the email sent correctly? Only 1.75 hours to the deadline!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 534
Jenn Mason wrote
on 13 Sep 2010 1:20 PM

SLM523, look at the last follow up post you received, there are unsubscribe directions in grey text at the bottom.

Jenn Mason

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 534
Jenn Mason wrote
on 13 Sep 2010 1:23 PM

Hi Geoff,

We got your submission. I'm not sure why the email didn't come through. We have heard that some of the reply emails are being caught by spam filters. 

You're all set!

good Luck!

Jenn Mason

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 19
on 13 Sep 2010 1:32 PM

thanks!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
bobbi yancey wrote
on 13 Sep 2010 3:02 PM

I tried to upload photos for the 2011 Artisan Search following your directions, but they would not attach.  Do you know if the website was experiencing problems?   

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 22
on 13 Sep 2010 4:25 PM

I too have been unable to upload photos, today.  Unfortunately, time is up.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 534
Jenn Mason wrote
on 13 Sep 2010 5:49 PM

Double check the size of your photos if they are too large they exceed the file limit. I've been checking the site periodically throughout the day and we don't seem to be having any problems. I just went through the process to double check and it was working.

Make sure to email us your entry today--even if you're still experiencing uploading difficulties. 

I'm guessing the issue is file size, try to make the photos 72 dpi.

Good Luck!

Jenn Mason

Not Ranked
Posts 6
on 18 Sep 2010 3:02 PM

Hi, this is my 1st time goining.....ANYTHING, and I really wanted to enter a challenge, however I am not able to download my work.  My husband is in the I. T. world of computers, so I tried about 3-4 different  P,C's, routers, whatever and still was unable to download, it wouldnt recognize my browser for some reason.  ( I wanted to cry, because I finally got the courage to share my work ) Any suggestions?  I love your web-site and everybody seems to bee super nice.  I hope my work will be shown soon.

Page 1 of 3 (32 items) 1 2 3  Next > | RSS