problems with zinio

This post has 8 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Jhaupin wrote
on 18 Oct 2012 1:27 PM

I did a zinio subscription this time around, be cause I thought that it would save me time & shelfspace, in addition to being enviornomentally responsible. My intention was to save it to a pdf on my portable hard drive. that way, when I'm on the road, I can still refer to the downloaded copies. I've been tearing apart and scanning my paper copies of all my magazines, to free up shelf space as I downsize from a 4 bedroom house with attic, finished basement & garage  to my retirement 2 bedroom condo.

I've discovered (to my dismay)  that, unlike my other zinio subscriptions , I'm only able to "print " 2 pages at a time to adobe pdfs or hard copies. Zinio support is virtually nonexistent. so, I'm left really frustrated with the 'digital" subscription process. it just took me close to 2 hours on a broadband connection  to download and reconstruct the September-October issue from zinio to pdf...and that was only 97 pages long! it would have been faster to tear apart and scan the issue.

I'm hoping that you were not aware of this- and that it was not the intention of the publisher or editors to limit access, just an oversight, or lack of understanding of the zinio features. Please update the CPS zinio settings  to give us the ability to "print all". I'd thought to get a digital copy of PAGES, but  at 148 pages, that's probably 4 hrs just to get a transportable pdf copy.  Zinio is fine if you have constant web access, but I'm frequently in a remote area with spotty cellphone and no broadband access..condusive to artistic thoughts and planning but not to access a web document .

Thanks

Judy

Not Ranked
Posts 1
cabelcat wrote
on 19 Oct 2012 9:16 AM

Hello,

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one having this problem too as I'm frequently without internet access. I can't work out how to download the issues and keep them on my computer to read offline at a later date. I really miss the possibility that we used to have, before Zinio, to download a pdf version of the magazine as well as the electronic one. Would it not be possible to provide subscribers with a link where they could download the pdf version?

thanks

Carol

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 25
on 19 Oct 2012 12:56 PM

HI,

We are working on a solution for this and will get back as soon possible with some answers.

Thanks for your patience.

Sally

Sally Murray
Sudbury Office Manager
Interweave

Not Ranked
Posts 6
parevest wrote
on 17 Dec 2012 10:24 AM

This has still not been solved. My main aim in getting the digital version was so that I could read them on my travels when I'm often in an airport waiting room. Could we download pdf versions instead from the interweave store?

Not Ranked
Posts 6
parevest wrote
on 17 Dec 2012 10:41 AM

On top of that there is now a problem with the Zionio reader which says it cannot download my magazine. Checking their help files they blame it on an upgrade of another piece of software (Adobe AIR) which I have to have for other programmes. I don't want to reconfigure my computer just to get to CPS working.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 25
on 17 Dec 2012 11:33 AM

Hi Parevest,

I am very sorry this was not taken care of earlier, I am having someone contact you today via email.

Have a great day!

Sally

Sally Murray
Sudbury Office Manager
Interweave

Not Ranked
Posts 6
parevest wrote
on 21 Jan 2013 11:12 AM

Dear Sally

Is there any progress with the pdf download idea. Just like others here I am frequently without internet on my travels and like to print off bit of the mag to take around with me

Thanks

Tricia

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 25
on 25 Jan 2013 5:07 PM

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Hi Parevest,

After some checking this is what I found.

Readers will need Internet access to download each issue onto the Zinio Reader for the desktop/laptop or the Zinio app for their mobile device. However, once fully downloaded, they will be able to access the issue(s) off-line any time afterward.  There shouldn’t be a need for internet access to view a current or prior issue (assuming it’s been downloaded). Some have asked about downloadable PDF, and somewhat related printing, but, unfortunately, in this internet age we need to protect against unauthorized content download, cu ration and sharing.  That’s why we don’t have full PDF download option, but if someone is looking for instantaneous access to an issue, the reader should provide it, without need for internet access. For printing there is ability to print 2 pages at a time, but the same concern about unauthorized distribution exists.  It’s the electronic-legal age we live in now.

I hope this helps!

Have a great weekend. J

Sally

Sally Murray
Sudbury Office Manager
Interweave

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on 17 Sep 2013 11:23 AM

This is not what I thought for this one, in fact since they are all process in digital printing, I thinking to subscribe as well.

"San Francisco offset printing service"

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS