size of work

This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 10
on 15 Feb 2013 7:51 AM

I am wondering if I might find more satisfaction in working smaller instead of bigger.   I have been stuck for quite a while and I tend to work large like 18x24.  I would like to produce more art in the short periods of time I have to work.  I was taught to work bigger many years ago by art teachers.  When I paint something I want to put over the couch so to speak I can see that but in mixed media maybe working smaller would help me right now.  

Peggy @ Eudaimonia Studio

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Fchposty wrote
on 16 Feb 2013 9:08 AM

Remember Art is individual.  Forget what art teachers instilled as to size. Go with what works for you.  I love minitures. Develop and use your creative self to do what works for you.  That is part of being an artist.  It should be individual and come from you.  Good luck and happy creating.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
TaylorDavise wrote
on 19 Feb 2013 1:45 AM

That's a great idea but I mostly prefer large ones because once I finish them I get a feeling that I have done something great.

Nicely tailored mens shirt collar resembles your social status.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
jimmyonweb wrote
on 1 Mar 2013 3:08 AM

Make some samples and ask your friends to give feedback so that you can try more creative works

Not Ranked
Posts 1
cporter wrote
on 3 Mar 2013 9:10 PM

I think you should work where you are most comfortable.  Maybe try various sizes.  Remember, there is no right or wrong.  the important thing is to enjoy the process.  That's the best part of it (in my opinion).  Have fun!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 534
Jenn Mason wrote
on 7 Mar 2013 11:22 AM

You could also try working SUPER small. Sometimes I get great satisfaction creating something amazing very tiny. 

Jenn Mason

Editor of Cloth Paper Scissors Magazine

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS