This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 56
faergen wrote
on 17 Jul 2010 4:47 PM

Check out steampunkmagazine.com. They have forums, too. Big Smile Geanee

wrote
on 19 Jul 2010 5:22 AM

{{{{faergen}}}}} Thanks so much for the info! I'm definately going to check that out. I suspect they have lots of lively conversation and creative, cutting edge minds. By the way, have you checked out youtube for steampunk videos? Plug steampunk into the search and wooohooo! Some really fab stuff.

I really do appreciate your sharing this site. High five to you.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 56
faergen wrote
on 19 Jul 2010 11:50 AM

Your welcome--I just hope you have better luck signing up. Stick out tongue Man--they don't want spam in a BIG way. I exceeded my tries to decipher that gibberish they make you try and figure out. I feel like I FLUNKED!!  Well, I did flunk. I should have mentioned it's a paper magazine--not an online mag. I'm a writer and I was looking for their guidelines when I saw the forum. Good Luck! Let me know how you did. LOL Yes, I've checked out some steampunk on Utube. I'm like you, too old for a lot of it but I want to make steampunk assemblages out of the junk I've acquired.

wrote
on 19 Jul 2010 2:22 PM

faergen: I admit I have not yet tried signing up. That's because my only connection to the internet at my home is via dial-up so loading sites/pages is measured by the calendar rather than a stopwatch (or an eye blink, as I've heard is actually possible - but I think that is in a parallel universe where eyelids are known to keep time). I sit here, my head wrapped in aluminum foil, vintage television rabbit ear antenna wired to my head and a gerbil racing around a wheel just to get to this site. Don't ask what happens if the gerbil tires.

However, I'll be taking my laptop to a wi-fi spot soon so I'll try taking their MENSA sign up procedure. But do warn me... is a DNA sample required? Is there anything about if two trains leave different stations in different times zones and pass through a black hole then will my moisturizer make me look like Johnny Depp's wife (only because that's my last inroad to Johnny Depp since the restraining order)?

So you're a writer huh? Interesting..... please tell me more.

wrote
on 21 Jul 2010 11:07 AM

Faergen: For you, and other interested people, a wonderful overview of steampunk art can be seen at ---- steampunkworkshop.com. It makes me happy just to see some of the fabulous and creative minds at work. They are even nice enough to give instructions on how much of it is made so the techniques are available for everyone.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 82
colorsplash wrote
on 21 Jul 2010 5:31 PM

Dear faergen,

Thank you for the steampunkmagazine.com website.  That was fun!  Sincerely, Colorsplash, Sue

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 534
Jenn Mason wrote
on 23 Jul 2010 5:59 AM

Hi you all,

Glad to hear there is a desire for Steampunk! We just sent September/October issue to press yesterday and we covered "Steampunk" with a great earring idea from Jean Campbell. I know, I'm such a tease.

Make sure to upload any projects to the gallery and tag them Steampunk--We'd love to see what you come up with!

Jenn Mason

Editor of Cloth Paper Scissors Magazine

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 82
colorsplash wrote
on 23 Jul 2010 9:54 PM

In case anyone was unaware,  CPS community member Amy Stevens has 4 Steampunk influenced pieces in the CPS gallery.   Really fun stuff!.........Sincerely, Colorsplash

Not Ranked
Posts 2
pmollica wrote
on 18 Dec 2012 11:34 AM

I really enjoyed Jean Campbells article about steampunk jewelry. I was wondering where to buy clear UV-curing resin - the photo in the article on page 8 looks like it is in a bottle... is there a brand name I can look for? Is this the two part epoxy resin and hardener or some other type of resin that comes pre-mixed?  thanks, pm

Not Ranked
Posts 2
pmollica wrote
on 18 Dec 2012 11:34 AM

I really enjoyed Jean Campbells article about steampunk jewelry. I was wondering where to buy clear UV-curing resin - the photo in the article on page 8 looks like it is in a bottle... is there a brand name I can look for? Is this the two part epoxy resin and hardener or some other type of resin that comes pre-mixed?  thanks, pm

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS