Citra Solv

This post has 23 Replies | 13 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 4
sarahford wrote
on 19 Jul 2010 10:25 AM

Read the fab article in the CPS edition at the start of 2010 where a cleaning based product was used on magazines to blend the inks ready for use in other projects.

I live in the UK and we dont have Citrasolv (or the product named in the article) - does anyone know of an alternative product available in the UK as I have no idea about the product mentioned.

Thanks

Sarah Ford

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 196
Liza Posar wrote
on 16 Aug 2010 8:43 AM

I had the same problem here in Australia, as I couldn't find the product mentioned in the magazine. 

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 22
akartguy wrote
on 16 Aug 2010 4:33 PM

Hi Sarah...Citra Solv is usually sold in  natural foods stores..usually in with the household cleaning products....I'm not certain if there is anything else out there that will work...I tried a product called "GOO GONE"...no luck it didnt work like Citra Solv.  Since Citra Solv is made from orange oil I'm thinking there must be something else available.  I worked for a hardware store years ago, we sold a furniture cleaner made from orange oil..not sure if it would work either....sorry, not really of much help...I'd suggest trying anything thats made from orange oil..perhaps you will hit on one...just on a whim you might try Citra Solv website..see if they have any dealers in UK or can ship to UK.   Zane

Not Ranked
Posts 4
sarahford wrote
on 17 Aug 2010 2:58 AM

Thanks for that advice - Will check out my local store.  We do have an orange oil based cleaner here under the brand Mr Muscle which comes as either a concentrate or diluted - will check out the concentrate to see if that works!  Sarah

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 22
akartguy wrote
on 17 Aug 2010 1:51 PM

Good luck Sarah...keep us posted on results....have fun with it...Zane

Not Ranked
Posts 1
kgr44a wrote
on 18 Aug 2010 11:41 AM

Yes, please keep us posted, Mr. Muscle is something that is sold here in Holland to. Am going to check the ingredients!

Not Ranked
Posts 5
university2 wrote
on 7 Sep 2010 3:55 AM

Did you find an alternative to this in the uk?  I am interested to find out as I am desparate to have a go with this. 

Thank you for any information you can give.

Fiona

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 43
on 7 Sep 2010 4:04 AM

If you Google it, you can find UK sellers.... 

Not Ranked
Posts 4
sarahford wrote
on 7 Sep 2010 4:04 AM

Hi University2

Havent tried the Mr Muscle orange cleaner yet as all my local large supermarket chains dont now sell the undiluted version - will have to look further afield - being in Cornwall it might mean a bit of a drive!  Will let you know when I do (very busy getting my christmas cards made at the moment - trying to be organised!)

SF

Not Ranked
Posts 5
university2 wrote
on 8 Sep 2010 1:11 AM

Thank you - I have found that Amazon sells it, but the shipping costs mean it isn't so cheap.  Will try again.

Thanks again.

Fiona

Not Ranked
Posts 5
university2 wrote
on 8 Sep 2010 1:13 AM

Yes do please let me know if you get around to trying Mr Muscle.  I must admit I am very impressed that you are making your Christmas cards, and so early at that.  Well done - a lesson for us all!!!

Thanks

Fiona

Not Ranked
Posts 2
mzeitler wrote
on 8 Sep 2010 3:25 PM

EcoHip is a UK distributor of Citra Solv.  Here is a link:

http://www.ecohip.org/section.php/7/1/household/0225c2418bf40cf340d5a9692d4663ff

or info@ecohip.org

Not Ranked
Posts 5
university2 wrote
on 9 Sep 2010 1:59 AM

Many thanks for that.  I will give them a try.

Fiona

Not Ranked
Posts 1
rubydog wrote
on 27 Mar 2011 10:08 PM

Hi, Sarah;

This is long after you posted this question, but I was looking for some info, online, about Citra-Solv and found this UK seller:

http://www.greenhealthwatch.com/goodslifeworks/goodspollutionbusters/pblaun21ccit.htm

Kind regards,

Leanne

www.rubydogonline.com

www.collagejoy.com

Not Ranked
Posts 1
szeitler1 wrote
on 28 Mar 2011 6:32 AM

Sarah:

You can find Citra Solv  in the UK at:     http://ecohip.co.uk/

I hope this was helpful.

Steve