Add a little mixed-media layer to your fiber art with these embellished strips designed by artist Beryl Taylor.
- Jewelry gems
- Paint brushes
- Punches; flower and circle
- Watercolor paints
- 140# Watercolor paper
- Sewing machine and thread
- Cut a piece of previously painted watercolor paper into 3/4″ wide strips of whatever length you chose.
- Lay a thin piece of ribbon on top and either glue or machine-stitch onto paper strip.
- Punch 3/4″ diameter circles out of contrasting color paper with a circular punch.
- Punch flowers out of contrasting color paper with a flower punch.
- Glue the flowers to the circles.
- Glue a small jewelry gem onto center of flower.
- Glue the finished circles onto the ribbon-decorated strips.