Are your ATCs homeless? Artist Debbi Crane came up with a clever little House of Cards to display her ATCs in our latest issue of Cloth Paper Scissors.
To make your own little house, you’ll need:
- 90-lb. watercolor paper
- Chunky threads and trims
- Embellishments, coloring agents, collage items, and ephemera
- Sheet of clear vinyl plastic
- Sewing machine and machine threads and/or hand threads and needle
- Hole punch
- Trace the patterns shown here onto 90-lb. watercolor paper and cut.
- Color and collage the sides of the house and roof to your liking.
- Cut pockets for your ATCs out of the clear plastic vinyl and sew onto the sides of the house.
- Assemble the house by punching holes along each of the sides, and to connect two sides together, weave a decorative yarn through the holes, tying off on both the top and bottom.
- Glue a trim onto the two longersides of the roof.
- Place the roof on the house and display proudly!