Mark your calendar and join the fun!
Cloth Paper Scissors invites you to be a part of our Dia de los Meurtos celebration by creating a mixed-media skull (calaveras).
This challenge will be announced in the March/April issue of Cloth Paper Scissors, on newsstands March 4th!
1. Create a 6" x 6" (or 6" x 6" x 6") mixed-media skull. There are no exclusions on materials, but your entry must weigh less than 13 ounces.
note: One submission per person.
2. Your mixed-media skull must be free of any text or images that are protected by copyright, unless you have the expressed written permission from the person or institution that holds the copyright and you provide that written permission with your submission.
3. To be considered for this challenge, cut and paste 2 low-res images of your art (one full image, one detail shot) into the body of an email by May 9, 2014 and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the words "Mixed-Media Skull Challenge" in the subject line. Please include your name, shipping address, email address, phone number, and a brief explanation of your artwork.
note: We encourage you to upload a photo of your mixed-media skull on the clothpaperscissors.com community, but this is not required to take part in the challenge.
4. Finalists will be posted at bit.ly/ReaderChallengeBlog on May 16, 2014. Artists will not be notified directly.
5. Finalist artwork must arrive in our offices by June 6, 2014. At that time a flat return shipping and handling fee of $8 U.S., $12 Canada, and $15 for all other international entries will be due.
We will feature some of the finalist artwork in the September/October 2014 issue of Cloth Paper Scissors.
We look forward to seeing LOTS of creative, mixed-media skulls!
Don't be left out!