I used Dyer's Muslin for the fabric. I selected plants from my indoor plants including asparagus fern, another fern and a red shamrock plant. This technique is very easy but it is important to select plants that have pigments that will transfer to the fabric. I positioned the plants on the fabric and covered it with a thick paper towel (under and over the muslin). Then you take a light weight hammer and "pound" the flower or plant to release the pigments in the plants. You may notice the veins in the leaves which I think is very neat. The picture doesn't really do it justice. It is amazing because the color of the flowers are sometimes different from the blooms. I "pounded" a fuschia geranium plant I brought in for the winter and the color was a bright lilac. I decided to try the red shamrock plant and loved the combination of the subtle green from the ferns with the richer red/browns of the shamrock.