My piece is called "The Nest". I took the picture of this nest in my yard, printed it on PFD fabric in gray and white, colored it with Derwent Inktense pencils then machine stitched in the branches and nest. I used bits and pieces of threads, Raffia and Angelina fibers in the nest. The turquoise highlighted areas are machine embroidered. The leaves were made with Sulky Soluble stabilizer and Sulky thread. The binding is made of hand dyed wool roving that was fused together to make a sheet of wool, I sewed a few beads on and hand embroidered the word Nest. Whew! Am I tired . Not really.
Thanks for looking,