I free-motion stitched a square of fabric to a felt square and then added scraps of fabric using fusible web, stitching over them as I added each piece of fabric.  For the focal point, I painted a water color violet on water color paper and made a metal frame from the cap of a wine bottle.  I tea-dyed a bit of muslin and glued the picture and frame over the fabric base.  I added the word "violette," which is the French spelling and glued a tiny crocheted flower in the corner.  To finish the piece I hand stitched the edge using the blanket stitch.


Reader Challenges (Past)

One thought on “Violette


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.