Believe it or not, this journal is made from an inexpensive composition book I picked up at Target. Here's a quick outline of the process I created to make it:
- apply a layer of acrylic paint to the whole book
- paint on a one-step crackling medium & let dry
- rub in antiquing gel to bring out crackle pattern and seal
- collage on design elements and highlight elements with charcoal
- seal design and add decorative paper to inside cover using spray adhesive
I love these journals and they work great as gifts!